Crunchy Flax-Hemp Crackers
Yields 30 crackers
- 1 cup golden flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons seasoning blend such as Penzeys Forward Seasoning (you can customize your own mix to include black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, rosemary, thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Mix water into flaxseed and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in hemp hearts, olive oil and seasoning and salt.
- Spread on greased rimmed baking sheet such as a 15×10 inch cookie sheet.
- Pat down with a large spatula to flatten to the edges of the baking sheet.
- Optional: score into crackers of desired size with a knife.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Test for crispness by breaking off a piece with a spatula.
- Allow to cool before removing from sheet.
- Store in zip-lock bag or freeze up to 1 month.
*Adapted from https://charliefoundation.org/crackers/